Friday, August 13, 2010

Mama's School

Just so you don't think I've been neglecting my children so I could scrapbook, I'll show some other things we've been doing.

Though Megan is technically old enough to attend pre-school this year, we've decided not to send her (and may not send her next year either). I've decided to start doing some more guided activities once a week. I checked out an ABC arts and craft book and have been researching some other materials to purchase. On Wednesday, I told Megan we were going to start, "Mama's School" soon and we needed to buy some craft supplies. She was super excited and spent the rest of the day talking about "Mama's School."

When Adam took his nap on Thursday, we had our first class. We made a "Macaroni M," read a book, made Miguel the Mouse, made an M collage and had M & Ms for our snack. I think she really enjoyed it although I think it wore her out. She acted a little out of sorts for the rest of the afternoon. We may have to split it up a little bit more next time.

When I was a girl, my mom always said that I went to "Mama's school" instead of pre-school, so in a way I'm carrying on a tradition.


No comments: