Friday, March 14, 2008

TV is evil...




I know you are saying, "what does tv have to do with snow babes?" Well, I sat all night and pushed paper around. Chad and Megan went to bed early (see note), so I had the whole evening to myself. I first straightened the enormous mess I had made during the past two days and then started while watching "The Bridges of Madison County" for background interest...Yeah, right. So, I'd push paper, browse a magazine for ideas, watch the movie, push paper, decide that paper wasn't speaking to me and start with new pics, go to the internet to browse for ideas for new pics, push paper, watch movie, push paper, but really just watching movie, push paper, rewind dvr because missed part of movie, movie ends, flip channels, start watching "Paula's Party," push paper, finally decide I should go to bed b/c "good eats" came on and I don't feel like finding something else for "background" noise while I push paper. Wasted evening right? (see second note) I go downstairs to brush my teeth and get in bed and I start thinking about the pics and paper again...I come back upstairs and finished a page in half an hour, sans tv.

Note: They went to bed at 7:30. For Megan, that's normal. For Chad, not so normal, but we had gone to a Casting Crowns concert last night, got home at 12:30 and he went into work at 3:30 am and worked until 4:30 pm...there, some sympathy should go out to Chad.

Note 2: I'm not sure if I was this way before Megan, but I feel like I should constantly be doing at least 2 things...this is especially when it comes to tv, I feel as though I should be doing something productive while I watch. Thus, I'm almost always on the computer (I don't know why this counts in my mind, because it is also a time killer) or folding clothes or pushing paper...I would perhaps watch less, if I just sat down, relaxed, watched 1 show, turned it off and then accomplished something...

No comments: