Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Kissin' Bacon

Okay, two stories for you today...

So, every baby guide tells you that from birth on, a mirror is a good developmental toy for babies. Being the dutiful mother that I am, I purchased a mirror toy around 5 months of age, it was an early Christmas present. As she had no idea what or when Christmas is, I figured she could start reaping the developmental benefits early. Reliable guides said baby would be enthralled with her own image...Megan was not the least bit interested in the baby looking back at her. She was fascinated, however, by the spinny ball on the other side, the rattle hanging off the top, the beaded handle and the soft squishy bug attached, so I figured my money was not spent in vain.

Last Friday, she finally found her reflection of interest and apparently has a vanity problem, because she kept trying to kiss and or suck on her reflection...

Second story. When Megan was probably oh, 4 months old, Chad was carrying her around the house and showing her things. He took her into the guest room and was showing her her reflection in the mirror when I happened to walk by and overhear this conversation:

Chad: "Look at the little girl, she's got your same outfit on! That's your twin sister. Her name is Bacon."

Katy: (I could not help interjecting at this point) "Did you just say her twin's name was Bacon?"

Chad: "Yeah, it's the only thing I could come up with that rhymes with Megan."

Katy: "Bacon does not rhyme with Megan"

Chad: "Well, (long pause), it would in a song."

At this point, I made a few comments about how we occasionally eat bacon and doesn't that seem weird and then, I left the room shaking my head...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my, bacon ... That's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Megan would rhyme with bacon if you spelled it Macon. . .